Sunday, September 13, 2026

Hosts of Freaky Ghosts

Happy 40th Birthday to The Real Ghostbusters! The animated series that kept Ghostbusters alive between the original two films and one of my all time favorite American animated cartoons, The Real Ghostbusters was an exceptionally well written and well executed show.


September 13th, 1986 to September 13th, 2026


I had originally intended to publish an original, system-agnostic, Ghostbusters-esque RPG sourcebook this October but as I am currently working on another paid tabletop roleplaying game project, I am afraid I don't have the time or bandwidth to complete the book I intended to make within my self-imposed timeframe. So instead...you're getting it for free!

Throughout the month of October 2026 I will be posting 31 Ghosts for use with my Ghostbusters AD homebrew system, which is relatively easy to retrofit to the original Ghostbusters RPG by West End Games, InSpectres by Memento Mori, Spooktacular by Ewen Cluney/Yaruki Zero Games, or any other tabletop game of paranormal investigations and eliminations. 

I will be setting it firmly in the [non-canon] Ghostbusters universe of my own campaigns but you're welcome, encouraged really, to adapt it to your own setting. This is in no way official; it's a fun fan endeavor by a TRPG gamer who loves Ghostbusters. That's it.

I hope you enjoy it. 




Look for this series of posts to begin with the spooky season on October 1st.

Scare you later, 

AD
Barking Alien




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the paid gig. Looking forward to a month of 31 new ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim! Pretty excited about it myself.

      The Ghosts project was intended to be a PDF book for sale on DriveThruRPG and the like but I think this may end up the better way to go.

      Delete