Are you all getting tired of this yet? Tough! I'm not! LOL
Quite the contrary! I'm really enjoying this Solo Star Wars outing and it's given me a whole host of ideas for a long term Star Wars campaign using this system [based on the Japanese TRPG Space Opera Heroes].
While I haven't leaned heavily into its Anime/Manga influences and inspirations as of yet, trust me, it's going to pretty soon.
For now, let's pick up where we left off; after narrowly escaping an unexpected Imperial presence following their survey of the planet 363-Grek III, Bani TukNukChee and RB-EZ1 have returned to Gardine to let their employer know what happened.
Before reaching their destination, Bani had Easy send a message to Gilikak, a Mon Calamari Explorer and Archeologist friend who might know what the Empire's interest in 363-Grek III might be.
As soon as their scout ship 'The Flying Leap' landed on Gardine, they received a call back from Gilikak and they're now talking to him over the Com-Unit on the ship's bridge.
STAR WARS VISIONS - HEROES
PRESENTS...
The Adventures of Bani and Easy!
Episode 3:
Bani continued to smile but it was more of a smirk and there was something concerning about her brow and eyes. Gilikak didn't know what this was all about but he got the sinking feeling there were rough seas ahead of him.
"What do you know about 363-Grek?", asked Bani, the tiniest touch of mischief in her voice. Gilikak became even more nervous.
Putting on his most professional, academic aires, and straightening his shoulders, Gilikak replied, "It's a star system here in the Outet Rim Territories, probably a one or more away from Gardine depending on yout Hyperdrive. It has one habitable planet, an ocean world If memory serves, with nothing particularly remarkable about it that I can recall. It got a Class 1 Survey back in the Old Republic days."
Bani caught herself nodding excitedly as Gilikak spoke but forced herself to calm down and stay focused. "Right. OK. I just came back from there, from the third planet, and I completed a Class 3 Survey for a client. As I left the planet to come back here, I ran into an Imperial ship and it's squad of TIE Fighters and they came right at me!"
Gilikak's jaw dropped. Closing it with some effect, he blinked several time before staring straight at Bani. "What?! Are you serious? They...did they attack you?". The Mon Cal was both visibly shaken and thoroughly concerned. Aww. Bani was touched that Gilikak cared.
"Well yes...that is...they came right at me at attack speed. There was a TIE Interceptor in the lead so I did what anyone would do and blasted it with my Turbo-Laser...", Bani slowed down and got quite as she saw the look of astonishment on her Mon Calamari friend's face. "So...then the other TIEs fell into position and started shooting at me. My shields held but I definitely took some damage before I was able to make the jump."
For a good several seconds, Gilikak didn't say anything. This was followed by him looking over his shoulders and feeling secure that no one was listening in he said quietly, "Are you OK? We should meet up and talk about this in-person. You might be in real trouble this time! The Empire might know your ship and...well...you know that's not a good thing if you blew up a TIE."
"Alright, sure, but that's not exactly why I called you. I called to ask, 'What was the Imperial Empire doing at 363-Grek III? The planet is deep in the Outer Rim. There are no major rare resources and it's off the major hyperspace lanes and trade routes. The reason I chose this planet for my client is because it fit what he was looking for and no one else was using it. So tell me...What is the Empire suddenly doing there?"
Gilikak took a deep breath which quickly morphed into a rather sour expression. He knew Bani well enough to know she was cooking up something in that furry green head of hers. He also knew it would be difficult, likely dangerous, and she'd ask him to help her. He didn't like it when she did that but also had trouble saying no. "What are you thinking?", Gilikak asked, resigning himself to being part of yet another of her harebrained (literally!) schemes.
"I want to go back but I can't go in my ship 'cause, as you noted, they'll very likely recognize it. Additionally, a smaller vessel with better sensors and a stealthier design would probably be waaay more effective. Once we get there, we track down where the Empire is and see if we can find out what they're up to. Once we know, we leave! Back to Gardine and figuring out our next move." Bani said, almost matter-of-factly.
'Always Searching', Gilikak's Incom A-24 Sleuth Class Scout Ship
"We?" Gilikak said with a grim chuckle.
"That's a great idea!", Bani exclaimed, jumping to punctuate her enthusiasm. "The two of us, with Easy of course, could totally do it. No problem! I mean, you do have the perfect ship for it." She ended with a smile and a cute little tilt of her head. Easy appeared on screen behind her and followed suite.
Gilikak rolled his eyes. "Fine. Meet me at Docking Bay 9. It's an ocean world, so don't forget to bring a diving suit."
"Roger, roger! I'll be there in an hour or so. I have to stop off at the Gray Oasis and talk to my client first." Gilikak nodded and then ended the communique. Bani turned to Easy and said, "C'mon Easy, let's go break the news to Mister Boogooto."
To Be Continued...
AD
Barking Alien
No comments:
Post a Comment