Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Joy to The World

Welcome to December, the last month of 2017, the year that marks my 40th Anniversary in the Role Playing Game hobby. Wow. The year feels like it flew by at light speed. 

This was a year of big changes for me. I moved, my business picked up finally, and considerably, one relationship ended, another has begun, and I've done a lot of gaming. A lot. A butt load honestly. 

This blog has been a bit neglected though as a result of all these other things, and while that bums me out a bit, the aforementioned events needed my attention more than this did. Barking Alien is fun, and even therapeutic, but it doesn't pay the bills. 

Now the holiday season has arrived, and I am still incredibly busy. A good thing too, as I know things will get very quiet in a week, or two. With the additional time off I may be able to game some more, and even blog a few times. We'll see.

What I am getting at here is don't be surprised if you don't hear too much from Barkley, and I until January. I'm focusing on real life, and enjoying doing so (a far cry more than I have over the past several years). 

When Barking Alien returns to its regularly scheduled programming, (such as it ever is) expect to see a lot of Sci-Fi/Space Adventure material. I've been missing Science Fiction, and related gaming a lot and I'm heavily inspired to get back to it in a big way. 

I intend to go more deeply into my gaming ideas based on The Orville TV Series now that Season 1 is complete, and I'm sure Star Wars: The Last Jedi will add fuel to the fire that's been burning in me to revisit that galaxy long ago, and far, far away. 

Until then, I want to wish everyone, and everything a very happy, and healthy holiday, regardless of the holiday, or tradition you follow.






Joy to the World,

AD
Barking Alien






7 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are good BA - looking forward to more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are looking up for you!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I really couldn't have gotten to this point without your support. I can't tell you how much my readership means to me.

    Happy Holidays to you, and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Season's Greetings, man. See you around the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been scouring your blog, but to no avail. Do you have a PDF of the Muppet RPG you’ve been working on? I’m interested in checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An updated and expanded version of the game, sans Muppets, can be purchased in pdf form on Drivethrurpg.

      Entitled, 'The Googly Eyed Primetime Puppet Show Role Playing Game', the book contains everything you need to create your own faux fur, felt, and foam characters and send them on wacky adventures such as running a variety show in a vaudeville theatre.

      Delete
  6. Happy holidays! I too wish to return to blogging and rededicate myself to Science Fiction gaming... see you on the other side!

    ReplyDelete