Sunday, April 10, 2022

I Feel Good, I Knew That I Would Now

This past week has been extremely busy work wise and looked to be remarkably light game wise.

My regularly scheduled games are all on hiatus this week for a variety of different reasons. In my Traveller group, one of my players and his wife just had a baby (Congratulations! Welcome to Earth Miranda Lotto! I know it doesn't look like much but give it a chance. We have mochi and Star Trek!) In a different group one fellow is away for about two weeks (a convention and a vacation). Although one fellow in my Sunday game is not home this weekend, he is still going to play from his temporary location. Fingers crossed. 

Instead, I've been lucky enough to have played two other games this past week that were absolutely marvelous. Better than my usual games? Well...

Ghostbusters Buffalo Logo created by and for The Buffalo Ghostbusters 
A Ghostbusters Fan Club in Buffalo, NY. 


The two games I played were the second session (or 'Episode II') of my new Star Wars: Gray Territories campaign and the first half of a two session Ghostbusters game. 

The Star Wars game, as was described in my previous post, is just an absolute pleasure. It is so easy to run, so exciting, funny, and really charges up my imagination. The players are proactive, invested, engaging, and big fans of the setting, subject matter, and our shared style of play. It is some of the most fun I've had gaming in a long time. A breakdown of this campaign, complete with player generated artwork coming in a future post.

The second game utilizes my kitbashed Ghostbusters RPG detailed in entries to the blog posted in November and December of last year (2021). A scenario broken into two sessions - one this week, one next week - that sees a three man franchise in Buffalo, NY dealing with Metro Rail related hauntings. The game is run with my Friday Night group with whom I normally run Star Trek Adventures and play in a Hogwarts/Wizarding World campaign bi-weekly (switching off every other week). 

The first half of the two-parter went remarkably well. Truth be told, I've never had a bad Ghostbusters session but I was duly impressed by my players in this group. They tend to overthink things and are often reluctant to put themselves in harms way to achieve their/the scenario's goals but here they leapt right into action. More so then usual they clicked with the setting and feel of the game and it made for a really enjoyable evening. I will go into more about this game following the conclusion next week. 

I am not gonna lie, I needed this. I needed the kind of boost these two games have given me. Not only does it reaffirm my love of Tabletop RPGs but I once again feel like maybe I really am good at this GMing thing. Who knew?

More to comes,

AD
Barking Alien






4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Nothing recharges like a good role-playing session. I'm hoping to run some Ghostbusters this month. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Gordon! What system will you be using? Please feel free to check out some of my past posts on the subject. Also, please share how it goes! I'd love to hear about other people playing Ghostbusters.

      Delete
    2. I'm still running Ghostbusters 1st edition with very few changes. I'm thinking about tweaking Ghostbuster vs. ghost combat, though. I've read your past Ghostbusters posts and I enjoy them very much. (I wish I had written up session reports, but this is as close as I came to it: https://decidedly6-sided.blogspot.com/2020/11/ghostbusters-go-zoom.html)

      Delete
    3. I just checked out your site and I LIKE IT! I and definitely interested in and support a fellow advocate of games that use D6s.

      Thanks for the shout outs on your blog. I really appreciate it.

      Delete