Sunday, June 19, 2022

The Sunday Times

I know, I know, I've been quiet again. I've been racking my brain trying to think of something to talk about.

I am in one of my moods...again. Ya'know the kind. Too many ideas, none with enough of that certain something, that je ne sais quoi to stand out above the rest. I'm excited to run something but there is nothing new I'm especially excited to run. 

Still largely pleased and satisfied with the games I am running and playing in, I am nonetheless feeling down that this is my 45th Anniversary in the Tabletop RPG hobby and nothing particularly Wow has come of it. Not at the table, not on the blog...nada. 

August is still a couple months away and with any luck I will have some special things to share by then. 

In the meantime, keep on keeping on, get inspired, inspire others, and good gaming.

AD
Barking Alien

I want to take this opportunity to acknowledge June 2022 LGBTQIA+ Pride Month and pass on my solidarity and support. If you know someone or are someone in this community or simply think and feel we all do better when we all do better, I highly encourage you to learn more, love more, and do what you can to embrace peace and harmony among all aspects of Humanity. 

We aren't the best carbon-based, oxygen breathing, iron-blooded sophonts in the universe but we're the only ones we have. 

Also, today is Juneteenth (public holiday date, Monday 20th, 2022). While generally commemorating the emancipation of the African American slaves in the U.S.A., it specifically marks the anniversary of Union Army General Gordon Granger's announcement of General Order No. 3 on June 19, 1865, proclaiming freedom for the enslaved people in Texas. I am particularly pleased by the animated Google made if you do a Juneteenth search. Try it. Very cool. 

Finally, it is also Father's Day. I wish a Happy Father's Day to all those dads who are indeed good dads. 

Talk to you all again soon. 







No comments:

Post a Comment