Saturday, May 25, 2024

Great Shot Kid! That Was One In A Million!

 Happy Orthodox Star Wars Day Everybody!




While we love to celebrate Star Wars on 'May the Fourth' for the pun if nothing else, the true birthdate for Star Wars is May 25th. It was on this day in 1977 that the original film, now referred to as Episode IV: A New Hope, was released in movie theatres across the USA..

I saw the film opening day and loved it so much I watched it again! And again. And again. And yes, again. Five times on the day of its release thanks to a day off from school (the reason for which I do not recall) and my maternal grandfather being the manager of a theatre.

Raise a glass of Blue Milk with me won't you and join in wishing Star Wars a Very Happy Birthday!

AD
Barking Alien





2 comments:

  1. I can't remember if I saw it on opening day, but I know my mother took my brother and me to see it at least seven times. Happy True Star Wars Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to see it nine times over the course of it's run in the UK, due to various friends' birthdays - it became the thing to take your mates to see Star Wars for your birthday. A couple may have been when it was re-released the following year. I can't remember now. What was it about that movie that so gripped our imaginations, that filled that space in us that desperately needed filling? It's still my favourite movie to this day. Empire might be the better movie but I'll take the upbeat fairytale of Star Wars (yes, I refuse to call it 'A New Hope') over it any day.

    ReplyDelete