Saturday, March 25, 2023

I Can't Post



Something is wrong with me. I can not seem to post. I am writing this in the hopes that I will break through whatever it is that is preventing me from blogging these days. It is incredibly, almost painfully frustrating.

Whenever I try to post about something I get three paragraphs in at best and then delete it, never get back to it, or rewrite it to the point of three paragraphs and the maddening process starts over. 

#*%$!

So much to say and can't seem to say it!

AD
Barking Alien

Barely.






7 comments:

  1. Don't overthink it. Even if the post is only three paragraphs, it still gets those three paragraphs out into the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write anything. Just set at the computer and write something. If it's no good, you can throw it in the basket later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The promise of playing a hero, battling villains, and telling stories like those in my favorite comic books, TV shows, books, and movies.

      I was really hooked when I started GMing and became the storyteller. That and learning I could tell tales set anywhere and anywhere.

      Delete
    2. Are you feeling like you have no creativity?

      Delete
    3. No. I never feel that way. I always have more ideas than I know what to do with.

      The problem is more that I have ideas that don't belong anywhere. I am not running the game that lets me get the ideas I am having out of my head and into the universe.

      This can be because I am running other kinds of games, I don't have the right group for the ideas/approach I'm thinking about, or I can't organize them into a coherent whole.

      Delete
  4. That's very interesting. Have you tried having set context time like 'the next hour is for lumpy space princess stuff'? For me, I've found that switching between technical stuff and creative stuff as I burn down benefits me.

    ReplyDelete