Friday, May 26, 2023

I Hope Your Hungry

Yesterday was a special day for fans of Delicious in Dungeon and I am very sorry for getting this out a day late.

What's that? What's Delicious in Dungeon?!?


Why, it's only the best Comedic Action/Adventure Manga about Fantasy heroes exploring a Dungeon in which the Adventuring Party cooks and eats the Monsters to survive! Duh. 

Also known by its Japanese title 'Dungeon Meshi' (literally translating to 'Dungeon Meal'), the now 12 volume Manga series was created, written, and illustrated by Ryoko Kui and published by Enterbrain in Japan and Yen Press in the United States. It was announced in August of last year that the Japanese Animation group Studio Trigger would be producing a television adaption and yesterday, May 25th, 2023, a trailer was released. 

Check it out!



I am incredibly excited! This is one of my most anticipated, well, ANYTHING for this year but it does come with a catch; it isn't actually coming out this year. The PAIN!!! Along with the trailer was got the release date, January of 2024. 

Yikes! I just finished reading Volume 12, the latest one released, and I was so hoping the show would come out for the 2023 Fall TV season. It's OK though, I believe I will manage. I think there is one additional Volume coming out later this year that might even be the finale. The Anime would debut after the series concludes in that case which is sad but likely to be awesome as well.

Man, I do NOT talk about this series enough. It's funny, warm, charming, and has some of the coolest Fantasy world building I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend checking it out. 

Oh yeah, speaking of animation...

AD
Barking Alien




May 25th was also the 46th Anniversary of the original release of Star Wars, the film that started the franchise way back in 1977. It also marked the 40th Anniversary of the third movie in the classic trilogy, Return of the Jedi, which came out in 1983. May the Celebration Be With You!




On a far more somber note: the Acid Queen, the Ruler of Bartertown, Private Dancer, The Queen of Rock n' Roll herself, Tina Turner (born Anna Mae Bullock) has passed away at the age of 83'. My Mom is a tremendous fan of Turner's and I grew up listening to her music and becoming a fan myself. My heart is heavy with her departure. She was, to quote one of her songs, 'Simply the Best'. Rest in Peace. 





No comments:

Post a Comment