“The Ghostbusters have a wide variety of resources available to us when looking into the specific details of a supernatural entity or event. Regardless of how we go about our research for a particular case, at some point we’re going to want to reference the key written works dedicated to the study of the paranormal; These include Spate’s Catalog of Namesless Horrors, Tobin’s Spirit Guide, The Roylance Guide to Secret Societies and Sects, and Leon Zundinger's Magicians, Martyrs, and Madmen.
There are many more as well, although they vary in completeness, quality of the information provided, and accessibility. I urge you to be open to the rare, independent, paranormal researchers as well, who have done phenomenal work in the field and are most assuredly worth looking into, even if they never published a collection of their notes. Arguably the greatest example of this are the deep dives into parapsychology by Professor Sebastian Pott, through his 'Curious Cases', which are all incredibly insightful…”
Dr. Raymond Stantz, ‘The Unsung Research of Professor Sebastian Pott.’
Lecture to the National Society of Supernatural Studies
Las Vegas, NV. USA 1992
Hey everybody, my name is Adam Dickstein and I’m a Ghostbuster.
I’ve been with the company since the mid-to-late 80s and I’ve always been fascinated by Professor Sebastian Pott; his life, his work, and his rather peculiar disappearance.
Winston Zeddemore, through his company and on behalf of Ghostbusters Inc., International, was able to purchase Prof. Pott’s 'estate' (such as it was), which included all of his published papers, personal journals, and notes, with the blessings of lawyer and executors, only a few months ago.
With the approval of Prof. Potts lawyer and executor, Dr. Raymond Stantz, by way of the publishing arm of his company ‘Ray’s Occult Books’, has organized, edited, and assembled the Professor’s (literally) tons of notebooks, sketchbooks, and loose post-it notes into a single, massive volume titled, ‘Prof. Sebastian Pott’s Hosts of Freaky Ghosts’. I had the pleasure of assisting on this project.
As such, Mr. Zeddemore, Dr. Stantz, and Dr. Venkman, have asked me to put together excerpts from the book to share with all of you, free of charge. I will be doing this with assistance from Ghostbusters from various franchise offices all across the United States and the world. I hope you will find these posts informative, helpful, and yes, entertaining. Most of all, I hope the knowledge conveyed here helps anyone who comes in contact with a spook, spectre, or ghost to be better prepared for their encounter.
Remember, do what you can to avoid the situation, to protect yourself, and then call the Ghostbusters.
We’re ready to believe you and here for all your paranormal investigation and elimination needs. Please leave battling cross dimensional ectoplasmic threats to the professionals.
A. Dickstein
Ghostbusters, New York.
AD
Barking Alien
*This is a work of Fan Fiction and Tabletop Roleplaying Game material and is not intended to infringe on the copyrights or trademarks of Ghostbusters, Ghost Corps, Columbia Pictures/Sony Entertainment, or any related entities.
Any resemblance or correlation between any person or persons living, dead, or undead is purely coincidental or for the purpose of parody.
I am just a Ghostbusters fan making free material for those who play TRPGs.
Thank you.


No comments:
Post a Comment