Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I've Got A Lot To Say

Actually I really do have a lot of stuff I want to post today but time is limited so I will simply start with this small, low content, largely just for fun post and get to the really meaty stuff later.

Mmmm...meat.

Anyway, today is the birthday of two very creative, very clever people who have been major inspirations to me throughout my life.

The first is L. Frank Baum, the imaginative writer of the Oz books. The second, yet by no means coming in second, is my Mom. Happy Birthday Mom!

I still need to continue the recapping of our recent Champions adventures but I'm in less of a rush since this coming Saturday I will be get a break. I am handing the GMing reins over to my friend and player Ray (Professor N in our Champions game) who will be running a one shot Marvel Heroic RPG Event. All I know is that it involves a very particular period of X-Men history, takes place in New York City and somehow involves Spider Man and the Morlocks. Woohoo! I am actually excited to play. Who'da thought?

What else, what else...oh yeah...so this coming August 25th marks 35 years that I've been gaming. Thirty-Five. Wowzers. I want to do something special and I have an idea but it's not full fleshed out so stay tuned for more on this story as it develops.

That's all the time we have for now. I have this idea for a post I've been wanted to write for a few days now and I think (I hope!) I will get the chance to post it tonight.

Til then, have a great day everybody!

AD
Barking Alien





2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom and very cool on 35 years of gaming.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Happy Whisk! It's been too long!

    Been reading your blog even if I haven't commented in a while. Happy 1st Birthday to Wiggy. Give the pups some pets for me.

    ReplyDelete