Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ahead of the Game

My favorite comic book store in New York City, Jim Hanley's Universe, is having a really big sale so I popped in just to see what I've been missing thanks to my ultra-tight budget. Found five, count'em 5, issues of FASA's Stardate Magazine. Star Trek RPGaming gold mine baby! Each issue was cover priced $2-$4 dollars each. Snagged the whole thing for $10 thanks to the sale. Happy!

Ran a game that should have been awesome. It was not. I knew going in it wasn't going to be. I was right. Sad.

A friend of mine with connections in Japan is trying to find me a copy of Meikyuu Kingdom. Yay for friends with friends in Japan! Happy!

Saw 'Happy Birthday Robot' at my FLGS the Compleat Strategist (Happy) but couldn't afford it (Sad).

Got a haircut that looks good. Happy!

I count four Happys and two Sads. I am ahead of the game. Wee!

OK. Somebody's tired.

AD
Barking Alien





3 comments:

  1. What'd you play that went south and why? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, did Frankie give you the Haircut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tom - I wish. No, I'm in New York and the D&DwPS group is in LA. My near obsession with Frankie is merely an internet infatuation. Sadly. :(

    @Christian - I'm almost embarrased to say...DC Adventures. I know, I know. I think the Oans are coming but soon to kick me out of the Corps and take the damn ring back. Whatever. I always wanted to join those Indigo guys anyway.

    I ran a one-shot/test session based on an idea I had for a campaign and it just went...it was...I don't know. The story was pretty good though no one really investigated it, the players did everything effectively and efficiently and yet somehow the session was sooo boring.

    It was like end-of-the-world, 'Crisis' type stuff and it was handled like a game of Stratego you're playing with your aging Grandpa after far too much Thanksgiving Turkey and beer is giving you the knock out gas (pun intended) effect. So bleh I'm still feeling bleh.

    ReplyDelete