Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In Need of Professional Help

In more ways than one...Huzzah! *Rimshot*

But seriously folks...

I realized three very important, potentially life-changing things today. I need to make some extra money. I am pretty darn good at drawing and writing. I love role playing games.

Combining these revelations together gives me the feeling that I should put together an RPG of mine own design, make a PDF of it and sell it. I have an idea, some neat concept art just waiting to be finished and the basics of the rules. I should be able to complete this puppy in no time...or so.

What I don't really know is what to do next. I've worked in the gaming industry but only for other people. Where do I start? Do I need to incorporate? How do I host the PDF? I'll look into Lulu later but should I look at it now? I'm good friends with the owner of a chain of FLGS and he'd probably carry my product but that's if I make books at some later point. I think. Help.

I've tried to find info online but a lot of what I see seems to start after square one and I need square one. Heck I need square zero.

Can any direct me to a good source to find this information. And sort of recommendations would be very much appreciated. A free copy of the game to anyone who can assist.

Thanks blog-o-friends! In the upcoming weeks I will reveal more about the project and how its progressing.

Hurray for Capitalism!

AD
Barking Alien






6 comments:

  1. Adam, I have some thoughts on this. Can you send me an email and I'll reply back? exonautsblog AT gmail D0T com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. It took me three years to get my dream project off the ground. I'd offer some advice, but I can't declare success just yet, so I don't know if my advice is any good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to make use of the resources of the Science, Industry & Business Library at Madison & 34th Street. The incredibly hard-working librarians help thousands of people each year find the answers to questions such as yours. If only you knew someone who works there who could help you get started...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Doug - Any help you could provide would be much appreciated. Final tally aside, you did it. Its something to be proud of and you definitely know more than me.

    @Chris - Subtle as a grenade in a bowl of oatmeal. If I could get down there during the day (while its open that is) I'll take you up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't offer much in the way of advice, but if you ever need a hand in the art dept. gimmie a yell.

    ReplyDelete