Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Campaigns I Have Known

I once knew a game,
Or should I say
It once knew me.

Characters of Future Past
 By Me, Keith Conroy, Keith Conroy, Aris, and Aris.

 
I've been experiencing a serious case of RPG nostalgia of late, harkening back to the thrilling days of yesteryear when gaming was simple, sessions were often, and campaigns were both long, and varied.

I've dug up some old notes, old artwork, spoke to a few old friends, and all in all it was a pretty great trip into the past, barring the fact that 'old' was a reoccurring theme.

Over the course of this month, I intend to share some magnificent memories of those bygone campaigns with you, the fans and followers of Barking Alien.

The five of us should have a wonderful time.

I'll make hot cocoa.

AD
Barking Alien






4 comments:

  1. Oh don't get me started. Over the weekend I attended the local convention, now in it's 43rd year, and the memories that came flooding back to me of old friends lost, new friends made, epic losses, and epic wins, games bad and awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've mentioned before, but it's worth repeating...

    A while ago the fellows over at my favorite gaming podcast, Play On Target, said how much they'd love to travel back in time, and watch all the mistakes their younger selves made while GMing.

    I would make that trip for very different reasons.

    I often feel like I was better years ago. The younger Adam was faster, more ruthless, more flexible, and had a better memory for rules. I was a really popular GM in my heyday, with people in my local gaming community eager to travel across state lines just to be in a game I was running.

    Now...I don't know. Sometimes I feel like my powers are fading, waning. Perhaps they can be recharged. I just need to find a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't discount how much adult life gets in the way...

      Delete
  3. I understand how you feel. Back in THE day my group had some really wonderful stuff going on. At one time my game club had at least 4-6 different Champions games going a month. IT got so bad we all had to sit down and make a schedule/ask people to drop or move to other games, so we didn't have a bunch of conflicts.

    You could always count on having at least 5-7 players for a game. It was awesome. Now my Friday night group is 4 people, plus me as GM.

    ReplyDelete