Monday, February 29, 2016

Shifting Memories

My Campaigns I Have Known series of posts seems to be a rousing success.

The series has generated a huge number of hits (mostly from Reddit*, and RPGBloggers), gotten a lot of positive feedback (as evidenced by comments on the blog, messages on Facebook, and emails directly to me), and has just been so much fun reliving the awesome of yesteryear.

I intend to continue doing these posts into the rest of 2016.

The posts up until now have been focused on IP based campaigns. That is because, as I've noted in the past, I've run A LOT of IP based RPGs.

I would also say that what you've read so far are the campaigns you'd expect to see from me. By that I mean it really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that I am reminiscing fondly about Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, and Macross, a Space Opera story with Mecha. Adam ran memorable games of subjects he likes a lot? Wow, I'm stunned...said no one who knows me, or reads this blog.

For the next part of this series, I'd like to include some campaigns that aren't in the genres you might expect from yours truly.

During a sizable stretch of my time in the hobby, it was very much my groups thing to try new games. If a game came out, and we knew about it, we played it. Many such sojourns amounted to little more than simply plotted, and/or action heavy one-shots. With a decent number of these experiments, my friends and I ended up discovering new favorites. On occasion, we would get at least one great campaign out of a new system before moving on to our next new game.

It seems only fair that such games, and campaigns get a nod, and a thank you. A little blog love for the unlikely to be played, but never forgotten.

I'd also like to get a little more original art from back in the day posted up. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of the art that was created for most of these games, having misplaced, or lost a lot of it over the years. I do still have some, and I'm getting in touch with some of my old players to see what they have. If you're interested, wish us luck.


Thanks for stopping by this month. See you in March!

AD
Barking Alien







No comments:

Post a Comment