Monday, May 16, 2016

Ups and Downs

I've been experiencing a far number of rises, and falls in mood lately.

While not directly connected to the things I am going to talk about in this post, various outside influences can certainly effect how one feels, and I am no exception. In fact, I may well be the post child.

On the Up, and Up



Captain America: CIVIL WAR was AWE-Some! Or, as I like to call it, Black Panther and The Avengers. Black Panther was so fantastic, it has tripled my desire to see the solo Black Panther movie.




Did a mention Black Panther? 'Cause, ya'know, GODDAMN BLACK FREAKIN' PANTHER!

Supergirl has not been picked up by CBS for a second season.




It's been picked up by THE CW! That's right, Season 2 of the little, big superhero show that could will air on the same channel as Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and their much cooler brother The FLASH! Woot!

More crossovers? Oh I think so biznatches!

***

And now the bad news...

Down, Dooby Doo, Down, Down




Margaret 'Peggy' Carter, former Agent of the SSR, one of the originators of S.H.I.E.L.D., has had her program cancelled by the evil organization known as ABC, which is clearly a front for HYDRA. Not only has this diabolical group ended the career of Peggy Carter (played by the 'Is-There-Any-Way-In-The-Infinite-Possibilities-Of-Time-And-Space-That-You'd-Marry-Me' Hayley Atwell), but this despicable hive of dastardly despots has also cancelled...

The Muppets



I'm crying real tears here people. I can't say I'm entirely surprised the show wasn't renewed but I am very disappointed. It really started to get good, really good, in the last four or five episodes. I think it just wasn't what the majority of Muppets fans expected or wanted. A shame it won't get a chance to be something else. Something new that they might also enjoy.

I hope Disney/ABC gives the Muppets another shot. A different approach perhaps. We'll see.

On that note...

Today marks 26 years after the passing of Jim Henson. It's always such a heavy-hearted day for me.




Here is an excellent tribute from Jarrod Fairclough over on The Muppet Mindset.

Me? I'm going to try really hard to get happy.


Wish me luck.

AD
Barking Alien





5 comments:

  1. @ BA:

    I haven't seen CA3 yet, but I desperately want to. Never been a huge Black Panther fan, but most of the characters scheduled to show in this installment (Cap, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man) are personal favorites. And I am soooo looking forward to watching Iron Man get his ass kicked.

    I'm with you on the Muppets thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked Black Panther, but in the last 10 years or so they've boosted him up to pretty much A-list status. This movie reflects that.

      In addition, the young man who played him was just great. Very impressive.

      Delete
  2. I thought that the Black Panther was such a great part of Civil War, even more than Captain America, and I'm a huge fan of Cap. In Civil War he just seemed more stiff and poorly acted then usual, which is saying a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cap was stiff? Hmmm. Come to this of it, maybe a little. I don't feel Evans acting was bad overall though. He did have a few scenes in which he seemed a bit less nature and smooth than in previous films I'll say.

      Delete
    2. I wrote a long post on my own blog about how I was kind of disappointed by the thinness of the plot, including the way that they characterized the motivations behind Team Iron Man.

      Delete