Tuesday, August 2, 2016

RPGaDay Challenge 2016 - Day 2





This is an extremely difficult question to answer.

While I've had tons of great sessions as both a player, and a GM over the past year, I don't know that I've had a best session.

I know that answer sounds like a bit of a cop out, so let me at least try to clarify what I mean.

As I've been noting in posts over the last few years (two or three I'd have to say), the groups I'm currently gaming with and I aren't always on the exact same page. Sometimes thematically, sometimes stylistically, or occasionally in a way I can't really put my finger on, things don't gel perfectly. More often than not however, it all works out, and we have ourselves a good game. Sometimes we have a great game.

A best game? A best game would require all rockets to fire at the right time, all mission objectives met, and all systems to show green at the end. 

That...almost never happens. It's never perfect, and that's OK I guess, but for something to be the best it would have to be better than all the others. To be better than all the other sessions, it would have to be perfect.

It's been a while since it's been perfect.

I'll keep trying though.


AD
Barking Alien





1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I have the feeling that my players will try anything I want to run because mine is the only game that they are in.

    ReplyDelete