Thursday, August 11, 2016

RPGaDay Challenge 2016 - Day 7






I've been so busy with real life that I've fallen way behind with this year's challenge. That's not the only reason I've not posted much though.

I'm stuck. Mentally, emotionally, on this particular question.

Without getting too deep into it, the aspect of gaming that's had the biggest effect on me has been that it's given me something to be good at. Really good at.

It may not sound like much, but I suffer from anxiety, low self confidence, and I'm really not that good at too many things. I'm a good cook, great with dogs, great with kids, and I'm a really good GM. I would go so far as to say I used to be a great GM, and I'm trying to get back some of that magic.

So there you have it. RPGs have given me something to be proud of. More than an ego boost, though that too, they're given me a passion that I can follow, and actually show some aptitude in.

That was hard to admit, but I'm glad I did,

Now out of my way Question #7! If I can best you, the rest of this month should be easy...


AD
Barking Alien






1 comment: