Saturday, July 2, 2011

Superheroes vs. The Lost Voice

Our Monday game may well be in danger of being cancelled as I am once more starting to loose my voice.

I don't recall if I mentioned this particular detail when I said I'd been ill the past week or so but I completely lost my voice last Sunday and it only to get back to normal yesterday (Friday). Now it seems to not have completely healed as it started to sound a bit weak again. I'm going to take it easy on the old vocal cords and throat tomorrow and hope it heals up in time for...

CHAMPIONS! Yeah, I was hoping for a little break but honestly, my players really want to get back to this game. Who can blame'em? It has been a great run so far and we're only on the 5th or 6th session.
So much happens in one sitting that its been very difficult to do adventure recaps. I mean, if you looked at my Muppet Show session recap(s), it would be like that (those) on steroids.

Last session, one of my three players was absent. So, while Marcus (aka 'The Power') teamed up with the Bronze Avenger and Cats Eye (NPCs) to investigate some supernatural craziness in Harlem and Jeff (aka Syphon Zero) and Integral (NPC) met with The Circle and tried to find the villainous Dr. Helix, Night Knight was basically in limbo. Well, actually he was most likely driving back to New York from Queens where he had teamed up with martial arts master Jade Phoenix to stop some gang warfare the session before. Busy night.

Since these guys battle a lot but don't really investigate or think much long term (except Marcus...he surprises me with sudden 'idiot savant' moments of Batman like deduction), the situations in the campaign keep escalating until they come to a head and then pop. Night Knight's particular storyline is about to do that with a vengence.

So I might as well get to the juicy parts and not sidetrack with a different game. I am still itching to run a Sci-Fi game though, just as soon as I can find one other than Star Trek that I really like and has all the elements I'm looking for (or at least a way to make them). It's amazing. I've run dozens and dozens of Space Opera/Cinematic SF games and now as I look at the systems available to me, I'm not entirely sure how we did it. None of them are quite what I want. I'l save that discussion for another time.

I need to get to bed. Work tomorrow and need to rest the golden chops.

Ta, ta for now,

AD
Barking Alien

2 comments:

  1. It's ok to call in sick to a game every once in a while especially when you actually are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never! The game must go on! *Cough*weeze*

    ReplyDelete