Monday, August 31, 2020

RPGaDay Challenge 2020 - EXPERIENCE



Experience.

Experience is the last of the prompts. 

As in, how was the experience of doing the RPGaDay Challenge this year? Kind of meh honestly.

I was really looking forward to the RPGaDay Challenge this time out because of how dreary and otherwise frustrating the real world has been. Unfortunately, the prompts this year were rather lackluster in my opinion. They simply didn't inspire me or instill me with excitement. With a few exceptions, they sparked neither memories nor creativity, feeling either too meta, too mundane, or both. 

I am hoping for a better next year...in more ways than one.

See you in September,

AD
Barking Alien

Lastly for the month of August

I've been wanting to come up with a tribute to Chadwick Boseman, the late actor who passed away recently at the age of 43 after an ongoing battle with colon cancer. Boseman was an extremely talented and prolific individual best known to us in the geek fandom community in the role of T'Challa, The Black Panther of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

Words can not easily convey the sadness I felt at the new of his death, nor can they sum up what he was able to stand for and achieve professionally, personally, and as an iconic representation of our species at its best.

I would hope that you, my dear readers, friends, and fellow fans, will excuse my lack of a larger tribute in favor of this simple entry and share with me a moment of quiet contemplation and reflection for a life lived well but too shortly. 



Chadwick Boseman
1976-2020

Rest in Peace





No comments:

Post a Comment