Saturday, August 22, 2020

RPGaDay Challenge 2020 - RARE



Rare.

I like rare things. 

Small press RPGs, limited edition action figures, comic books with very small print runs, original copies of books that fell into public domain; the forgotten, the lesser known, and the rarely seen hold a very special place in my...I believe you call it a heart.

What I'd like to talk about today is something a little bit different however. I'd like to thank the rare gamers.

I have long since come to the realization that my players are a rare breed and I count myself very lucky to have them. I have had the pleasure of playing with a lot of really great players and Gamemasters. 

That said...I've also played with and continue to play with gamers who are fine people, good friends, but average gamers. There is nothing wrong with being an average gamer. Most gamers are the average gamer (that's kind of the definition of the term). The average gamer is necessary, vital even, for the hobby's continued function and growth. 

What I am thankful for, what am I honestly and truly appreciative of, is the exceptional gamer. The deep buy-in, emoting, story driven, work-as-a-team, world building gamers. The special gamer. The Rare gamer. 

While they may be rare, I seem to have collected a large number of them.

For this, I am endlessly grateful.

AD
Barking Alien






No comments:

Post a Comment