Saturday, September 30, 2023
Thursday, September 28, 2023
I had the recent pleasure of once again talking with my friend William Corpening, creator of Kineto and our classic Champions Superhero RPG Campaign, 'The Age of Champions'.
We discussed, among many other things, how his version of Kineto differs considerably from my own. The reason for my Kineto diverging from his and the original 'canon' is quite understandable; my ideas about Kineto are based on my recollections of his appearances in our campaign.
The core of the two Kinetos are essentially the same:
- He is a former Superhero.
- He is now viewed as a Supervillain by most of Humanity, both Normal and Super.
- He is an extremely powerful Super who controls Inertia, Momentum, and Kinetic Energy.
- He believes Superhumans to be superior to Normal Humans.
- He believes himself to be the 'most superior' of all Superhumans.
- He believes the salvation of Earth and its people depends on Supers ruling Normals.
- The majority of Humans, Normal and Super, do not agree with Kineto's Manifesto.
- A small number of Supers do agree with him. A smaller number of Normals do too.
Saturday, September 9, 2023
Monday, September 4, 2023
Here's a subject I've wanted to discuss again for sometime but I didn't really know where to begin. The hardest part is often figuring out where to start when addressing something as big as this.
In a comment on one of my Kineto posts, Tim Knight wrote:
"As ever, I am so envious of your gaming group and the investment your players put into a campaign (most months, I'm just happy if my players turn up).