Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Games of Future Past

Aldrin 'Buzz' Aw, a fantastic artist and an old and dear friend from my youth, sent me this picture which he dug up while excavating some ancient tomb no doubt...




What you are seeing is the flyer advertising my high school RPG club, circa 1985-1986, as evidenced by the 'Year of the PEGASUS' logo at the top. According the accompanying text, the club played Dungeons & Dragons, Star Trek, Star Wars, Champions, James Bond, Space Opera, Marvel Super Heroes, DC Heroes, Villains & Vigilantes and Many, Many More (says it right there, I didn't make it up).

The illustration by now professional comic book artist Aldrin Aw is very cool and reminiscent of the best Jeff Dee illustrations in my personal opinion. At the time this flyer was made, Aldrin and I would've been 16-17 years old.

Wow. Let's see if I can find more neat stuff...to the Wayback Machine!

AD
Barking Alien







2 comments:

  1. Heh, thanks. I may be a bit biased but I think its pretty awesome that our group of 17 year olds wasn't just playing D&D. As I recall, the club originally met once a week and I ran Star Wars, my friend Will ran Champions and a third group ran D&D.

    Later, we added a second day and in addition to other campaigns, one GM rotated with the focus being to try out new games.

    I also love the drawing. Classic super heroic fantasy for me.

    ReplyDelete