Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Art of Maps Vol. 1

Or perhaps maps as art? Hmmm...

Anyway, with maps always being a commodity in need in the gaming hobby I thought I'd post of few of mine. These are relatively recent, thought by no means brand new. I have removed the words (locations names and the like) so you guys and gals can add your own if you'd like to use the maps in your own games.

This first one is actually not a map but an image inspired by a Mutant Future post by Jeff Rients...



Up next, this is an island mini-continent I designed for a one shot D&am

p;D adventure. Its really just a photoshoped out the wazoo variation of someone else's map I found on the web (though barely recognizable now)...



This is a barren wasteland planet we crash landed on quite by accident in an old Traveller game. I modified it sometime later for Star Trek I believe. Its originally a texture map of Mars with World Machine  and photoshop effects added...



Last but not least, this is a map of my primary D&D campaign world. I used photoshop to alter a google earth map and combined it with another map of the Earth I found elsewhere on the net. My world is supposed to be an alternate Earth so it works perfectly...

 
 

Well, that's all the time I have today gang. Hope you like these and good gaming to you all!

AD
Barking Alien







No comments:

Post a Comment