Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Facing The NaGa DeMon

This is coming...
 
 
 
Actually, this is here...though technically it doesn't start until November. I...
Wait...why is this pink? They went with pink? Gah.
 
 
 
 
There that's better.
 
So what is this? Why this my creatively curious compadre is the NaGa DeMon or National Game Desgin Month for this November of 2012. A challenge to yourself and the creative community to come up with, design, write and play a game of some kind within one month.
 
Games of all kinds are welcome and encouraged, from traditional tabletop role playing games to boardgames and computer games. There are no judges, no prizes and no obligations. It is simply the chance to challenge yourself and see what you and your fellow designers can come up with.
 
I am pretty excited to be participating as I see this as a test run for the game I am intending to publish but can't seem to get going on. If I can do this NaGa Challenge successfully than I think it will give me the courage to finishing my little 'Project X'.
 
As far as what I will be doing for the NaGa DeMon, it will of course be an RPG of the more Storytelling Game variety, very likely based on some untapped faerie folklore and folk tale ideas I've been thinking about lately.
 
 
Wish me luck. Will keep you all updated as I go.
 
Laters,
 
AD
Barking Alien



6 comments:

  1. UPDATE:

    Did some editing of this post, including the removal of my teaser image as I don't think it accurately depicts the concept I currently have in mind.

    We'll see how this progresses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decided to take the plunge on this one too. I've had an idea percolating in the back brain for a while now, and have put a tiny bit of work into it. But I'm at the point when I'm effectively redesigning from the ground up. i figure I'd start that in November, and see if i couldn't get it all up and running in that time frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I think the challenge will be settling on one idea long enough to have a whole month to work on it. ^ ^;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm just going to play games other people have designed, but I'm curious to see what you do. Will you be designing "out loud" here on the blog or is it going to be all mysterious like until the end of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As with the Muppets and the Smurfs I am going to be designing out loud for sure. 'Designing Out Loud' is a GREAT name for a blog by the way.

    It is morphing and changing in my mind at a rate that would make a Pooka jealous but as it stands right now its a rather unholy hybrid of two of my all time favorite RPGs, 'Inspectres' and 'Faery's Tale Deluxe'. That wasn't the intention exactly but there you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's cool. It dovetails nicely with what I already do in November, which is "Write about Pellatarrum when everyone else is working on their novel."

    ReplyDelete