Thursday, September 24, 2020

Pattern Failure

Things have been kind of hectic here at Casa Del Perro Verde, what with the economic hardships brought upon us by a global pandemic and general degradation of my mood due to an abundance of planet wide stupidity.

In the past seven days we have experienced the passing of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a major inspiration of my mother's and Ron Cobb, a major artistic inspiration of mine. The world seems to be getting decidedly less smart and cool as the month goes on. 

Now, Google has finally gone and done it and changed the format of Blogger behind the scenes and it is, as Tim Knight of Heropress accurately assessed, absolutely garbage. Everything is worse about it. It is harder to understand how the blog is doing, harder to link things, your are redirected to a notice page anything you click a site on your reading list...just...everything about it was designed to frustrate the user. No clue what they were thinking. Likely they weren't. 

All of these factors have sucked out my enthusiasm for blogging. Furthermore, I am running games and they are fun but truly inspiring. I have planned a whole series of posts based on my 'Pattern' post at the beginning of the month and now I just don't care to continue.

I think I may take the rest of the month off. Hopefully I will feel like putting up with Blogger's absolutely crappy new system next month.

Or not. We'll see.

AD
Barking Alien






1 comment:

  1. Well, shoot. I hope things get better for you all the way around.

    ReplyDelete