Monday, December 28, 2020

31 Days / 31 Characters - A Celebration!

The Old Dragoon's Blog posted that someone else (possibly Tardis Captain's Blog of Holding?) had initiated a 31 Days / 31 Characters RPG Challenge for the month of January 2021.




To me this sounds like an excellent way to get the creative juices flowing and start the New Year off with a bang. While is going to create a new character in a new system every day for 31 day (WOW! More power to you sir!), I am going with a different take on things. 

Each day in the month of January I will post a different character from one of the many, many campaigns I have run or played in in the past. Some of these characters will be mine, some will be those of my players, and some will be memorable NPCs. I will indicate the Player or NPC nature of the character, list the system, setting, and campaign they were used in and give some background information on them. 

This is a perfect excuse to do a blog series I've been thinking about for a very long time, which is to celebrate some of the greatest characters in the greatest games I've been a part of, especially if they haven't gotten the proper love in other posts I've done previously. In a way it's a nice combination of Campaigns I Have Known/Played, Player Profiles, and a special thank you to everyone in my life who have made gaming my favorite pastime bar none. 

Also, just FYI - February of 2021 marks 12 Years of Barking Alien! My blog will be 12 years old on Feb. the 23rd. It's going to be an Anniversary year!

See you next month. Happy New Year to you and yours from me, mine, my dog Sketch, and of course Barkley. 

AD
Barking Alien


The original 31 Day Character Creation Challenge image
OK, not exactly the original. I altered it slightly. 
The real one was kind of bland and off center.
It gave me artistic OCD until I tweaked it.  






5 comments:

  1. It'll be interesting to see the characters! I don't know if I have 31 systems that I know well enough to create characters in but I may try something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to be doing 31 different RPG systems but rather 31 campaigns. Some of these campaigns may have been in the same system.

      Actually, as I put together the list of characters I want to use, I realize some of them did appear in the same campaign so the '31 Campaigns' reference maybe a bit of false advertising on my part. ^ ^;

      Delete
    2. I understand you are doing it with characters from your campaigns. And I'm interested to see characters that have been used in play. I was musing on my situation. I'm thinking about attempting it but it's a little daunting because of the number of characters involved.

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to this. I'm hoping you highlight some systems along the way that I've never played or encountered before ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to do that too, though it isn't part of my objective per se.

      The main goal is to celebrate really great characters I've encountered or created myself over the past four decades. My secondary goal is to entertain my readership of course.

      Hope you guys, gals, non-binary pals, and interphasic, hyper-linked sentient concepts enjoy this!

      Delete