Thursday, October 3, 2024

Must Be The Season of The Witch

It's that time again my friendly fellow gremlins and ghouls - Halloween is upon us!



When Spooky Season rolls around each year I like to take the opportunity to focus the blog on the scary fun and goofy creepiness associated with All Hallows Eve. My record of accomplishing this feat is mixed. I tend to get very busy with my Real LifeTM job during the onset of Fall, which has made it a challenge in the past. All that said, I definitely want to try to get some scary good stuff out this time around.

In addition to some further investigation into Ghostbusters (and my Tokyo Ghost Research crossover concept), there are games such as the Japanese Tabletop RPGs  Peekaboo and Mamono Scramble (for which I have what I hope is an interesting if oddball approach). If I'm lucky I'll also be able to address some other neat JTRPG games that fit with October's witch-worthy theme.

There is a new Dark Medieval Fantasy game called 'Aionia, Without Mercy' that I'm looking into which seems quite intriguing. Will I have time to address it this month? We shall see. 

Not all the posts this month will be of the creepy and kooky variety however. I want to get back to my 31 Days/31 Characters JTRPG Challenge, share some thoughts on SMURFS, Space:1999, and - inspired by from buddy Ray - tackle 'The Quintessential Barking Alien Playlist'. 

There's also some other media to discuss, such as today's debut of Dan Da Dan, a Japanese Anime Series available to watch on both Crunchyroll and Netflix that I've mentioned briefly in past posts. It's definitely coming out at the perfect time given its premise. Looking forward to watching it and discussing it with you. 


Join me and pick up every stitch...

AD
Barking Alien






No comments:

Post a Comment