Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sleepless Dreams

Can't sleep. Feeling a bit down lately. Thinking of games.




Space:2012 - Homebrew hybrid of InSpace and Carnage Amongst The Stars

 Set in the Solar System of Earth and it's various colonies 13 years after mysterious circumstances caused an industrial accident the blew Earth's moon from it's orbit.

PCs work as civilians or government personnel trying to deal with the ecological, political, social and financial devastation and ramifications of the moonless Terra.

I have a lot of ideas for this but it could be a hard sell.


Lights In The Sky - Homebrew - Working title for my one of my pet project games I hope to publish someday*

 Science-Ficition/Comedy/Action-Adventure RPG about what UFOs are really doing buzzing around the Earth.

Heavily inspired by my ideas for Hunter Planet and other uses for InSpace.

I could run this as a campaign which would also serve as a playtest.


Barkley's Den - Homebrew - Working title for my one of my pet project games I hope to publish someday*

Another Sci-Fi/Comedy game I've been toying with for years. It focuses on a sort of 'Tales of the Floating Vagabond', Draco's Tavern, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon type setting. A bar/restaurant in the center of all kinds of galactic mayhem run by everyone's favorite emerald pooch. OK, my favorite emerald pooch.

Like 'Lights in the Sky' I could playtest this while running a campaign of it.


Unnamed Ghost Story RPG - Homebrew-ish...See below

An RPG that tries to fix what I've always felt has been missing from or wrong with most supernatural games that focus on ghosts.

Years ago I remember playing this cool RPG at GenCon that for the life of me I can't prove ever existed. I can't remember the name but I've tried to search for several names I thought might be right and come up with nothing. I can find no one else who remembers this game. I am beginning to think I am only remembering it in part or that I may have dreamt it.

If that is the case, someone (why not me?) needs to put this thing out as a game. The concept is too good. I will continue to search to make sure it doesn't already exist but I will also be working on it in my spare time. Possible playtest at the next RECESS.

That's all for now.

Goodnight third rock,

AD
Barking Alien


 *As I have said before I am publishing a game this year. I promised myself. Now as to which one of these ideas I am going with, I haven't quite decided.












2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Callahan's so I like Barkley's Den. I think Vagabond was 10-15 years too early too - something like that could actually find an audience now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, to me at least, I've always felt the same way about Hunter Planet.

    I may actually have a way of combining my two concepts together (sorta kinda).

    This could be pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete