Monday, December 17, 2012

The Compleat Traveller

And the winner is...

TRAVELLER!



The first session of our new Traveller campaign, entitled 'OPERATION: PALADIN' will begin at noon on Saturday, February 9th, 2013 at the Compleat Strategist in New York City.

I am so excited I can barely contain the excess radiation leaking from the Jump Drive of my heart. Or something.

After a few weeks working on the Compleat Strategist campaign's basic premise and some setting and story ideas, the final decision on setting and system came down to two games: Traveller (Original or 'Classic' if you prefer) and Star Trek (Last Unicorn Games' ICON System).

I put the choice up to a vote on Facebook and contacted a few players independently (who I know will be joining us but don't use Facebook). In addition to those who know they will be participating and those that might be, a good number of friends and fellow gamers commented and voted as well.

In the final tally, I couldn't count votes from anyone who wouldn't actually be involved. If I had, Star Trek would've won by a good sized margin. As it was, Traveller ended up edging Star Trek out by only two votes. That's awesome to me. It means a Star Trek campaign somewhere down the road is a distinct possibility. Very heart warming indeed.

Now then, what is this campaign about...?

AD
Barking Alien



5 comments:

  1. Wow, you sound to be in excellent spirits.

    Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whisk! So did you on your last post. Sorry I haven't posted to your blog in a bit but rest assured I read it regularly.

      Yes, so far so good this holiday season and even though Oct/Nov kind of sucked I am keeping my head held high.

      Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

      Delete
    2. Snowing a wee bit here now, which makes it feel more like Christmas. But overall, it's been more spring-like than anything else.

      Delete