Thursday, May 4, 2023

The Power of The Fourth

May The Fourth Be With You Everyone! 


What a year its been for Star Wars fans already and we're not even halfway through it. Sure, it hasn't all been perfect but the potential for more great stories in this universe is just beyond the next hyperspace jump.

To celebrate the Star Wars franchise this May the Fourth we have a number of wonderful events going on today.

The first, which I feel is a long time coming, is a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for the late, great Carrie Fisher.

As I am writing this before the event has occurred I don't have much in the way of specifics but I will definitely follow up in a near-future post. 




Second, Disney Plus is airing an animated series for young viewers called Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures. The entire 5 episode show will be dropping today. Preceded by 6 shorts between March and April, the series splits each episode into two separate short stories. The show follows a group of youngling Jedi in the time of the High Republic




Designed specifically for a young audience and to be 'family friendly' entertainmentl, the series has a fun, cute, and colorful art style and a relatively simple narrative structure. Maybe not for you and me but it could be great for kids.

The third and definitely biggest highlight of the day for me is the release of all nine episodes of Star Wars: Visions - Volume 2.

 


This animated anthology series continues and expands the concept of the previous outing in 2020, which was done entirely by Japanese Anime studios. This time out that Galaxy Far, Far Away goes global, with shorts from Chile, England, France, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, and South Africa!

I am going to watch them all and when I'm finished I'll do mini-reviews of each as I did for Volume 1. This will likely be followed by a look at the series through a 'Gamer's Eye' to discuss what elements from Visions 2 might be worth adding to a Star Wars TRPG game.

Lastly, Disney+ will have a one-off animated Simpsons short featuring little Maggie called Rogue Not Quite One. I don't have much information on this and it's not high on my viewing list but I feel the need to include it for completion's sake. 

Alrighty, with that I'm going to head off to enjoy the day. Maybe I'll pick up some Meiloorun fruit for later. If I have time I might head over to Tosche Station to grab a couple of Power Converters.  

Happy Star Wars Day Everybody!

AD
Barking Alien







2 comments:

  1. May The 4th Be With You! Contrarily, I watched The Simpson's short first as it was under five minutes and I'm just working my way through Young Jedi Adventures.

    Glad to see - belatedly - Carrie is getting her well-deserved star. Hopefully there'll be some kind of coverage over here, but it's Local Elections day, so I expect that will be dominating the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie Fisher didn't have a Star?!? That's inconceivable!

    ReplyDelete