Monday, May 1, 2023

The Stars Come Out in May

Welcome to what I hope is a return to form. 

After a considerable and much needed break from blogging, I am eager to get back to my usual semi-regular unleashing of oddball thoughts on the unsuspecting masses. You've been warned.

In addition to just generally getting back into the swing of posting once more, I want and need a focus for my energies as that tends to help me get the ball rolling. To this end, expect to see a good number of entries this month focused on two of my favorite subjects - Star Trek and Star Wars


Vulcans vs Space Werewolves by Thomas N. Perkins


There has been a lot of activity within these two franchises of late and a lot more on the way. Since both are near and dear to me, perhaps my favorite IPs in field of entertainment other than the Muppets (be on the lookout for a post or several about them as well), it seems only fitting I have a lot of thoughts and opinions about what is going on in these two universes (Cinematic, Streaming, and otherwise*).

Furthermore, Star Trek and Star Wars are key factors in my love for and continued participation in the hobby of Tabletop RPGs. An appeal to young Adam's obsession with Superhero Comic Books sold me on trying RPGs for the very time but it was Star Trek that solidified gaming as my favorite pastime. A condition that remains with me 45+ years later. 


Star Wars Trek by Phil Noto


Star Wars, which was released in the same year I played my first TRPG, blew my mind. Now sure, I was 8 years old, but that's not the point. It blew everyone's mind at the time. West End Games Star Wars RPG did pretty much the same thing 10 years later, completely shaking up my view of RPGs. 

These two franchises had a massive impact on my early years as both a fan and a creative and for better or worse they continue to do so. Regardless of some of their blemishes and bruises over the years, Star Trek and Star Wars are still beautiful, meaningful, and fun for me.

Please join me in celebrating them both this May!




Live Long and May The Force Be With You,

AD
Barking Alien







No comments:

Post a Comment