Tuesday, August 12, 2014

RPGaDay Challenge - Day 12

Day 12 - Old RPG you still play / read

All of them?

I mean, does anyone have a bunch of old school games they never read or play?

Oh wait.

Yeah, I don't really have one I don't look at or use periodically. Except perhaps for D&D/AD&D. I don't use them for sure, and I rarely look at them anymore.

That said, I am currently running classic, original Traveller with some MegaTraveller thrown in, preparing to restart a Champions game (long story), and periodically revisit and re-read such games as Ars Magica, FASA Star Trek, WEG Star Wars, old school World of Darkness (specifically Changeling: The Dreaming and Mage: The Ascension), and many others.

I wonder...is the original poster of this blogfest asking this question because he does it and wonders if anyone else does, or if he doesn't get to do it and wonders if anyone else does.

Hmmm.

AD
Barking Alien



2 comments:

  1. I haven't played a game in years. I still have a number of the old AD&D books. I used to have them as a teenager in the early 80's. Then over the decades they went bye-bye. But then I purchased a few at used bookstores, hoping to get at least the first set I had back then. The art, even the smell of the books bring back so many terrific memories. I have a ton of the little black Traveller books. I raised my daughter on them (using Classic Traveller rules for most RPGs when she was little). Now, at 26, she's a table-top game designer attending GenCon this week. I couldn't be more proud. But I digress...

    My answer is clearly, YES. I still pick up RPG's, see what's new. I played the Vampire the Masquerqde game once, but had a number of the books and just LOVED the world. Loved it. When they released the paperbacks, I was all over them. Reading the 13 novels, then the 4 larger reformatted novels. Few books I enjoy reading more then once and even fewer series - this is one of them.

    I still peruse my Traveller books. And I really enjoy the active forums, especially hearing about campaigns and gaming sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Caesius. Thank you for sharing that. I needed this kind of comment this week.

    Kudos to you, and to your daughter as well. I hope GenCon is both fun and profitable for her. If she's so inclined, email me the name of her game and the Barking Alien crew will put out the good word.

    barkingalienATGMAILDOTcom.

    Come back anytime! You're always welcome at Barkley's Den. :)

    ReplyDelete