Tuesday, August 5, 2014

RPGaDay Challenge - Day 3

Day 3 - First RPG Purchased

There were two.

That's right, I first purchased two items. Actually I purchased them separately, but they were my firsts.

Hmmm.

OK, it went like this...




The first RPG I ever purchased with my own money was the second edition boxed set of Villains and Vigilantes, the classic Superhero game by Jeff Dee and Jack Herman. I split the cost of the boxed set with a friend of mine who I convinced to go halfsies with me by reading the back cover of the box using the voice of Ted Knight in his role as the Narrator on Superfriends.

Sometime later, my friend Martin would receive a box of his own as a birthday gift, and I saved up, paid him the other half of the box, and kept the original one we had gotten together.

The image above is that booklet.

That's right guys and dolls, these are not images nabbed off the internet. These are scans of my own copies.

A few months after that original purchase of Villains and Vigilantes, I discovered  NYC's FLGS, The Compleat Strategist, and saw the Star Trek RPG by FASA. It was love at first sight. I purchased that one all by my ownself.
 

Memories, all alone in the moonlight,

AD
Barking Alien





No comments:

Post a Comment