Monday, March 29, 2010

Now That's A Dragon

Finally! Finally someone understands the scope that dragons should encompass in a medieval fantasy world. One can be St. George's opponent, roughly the size of a dog and the next can be the Midgard Serpent.

I went to see How to Train Your Dragon last night and I really liked it. I was most impressed by the way the dragons looked, as they somehow managed to be simultaneously cartoonish, dangerous looking and in some cases majestic.

Also, without spoiling anything, there is at least one dragon in the film that I saw and said quietly to myself, "Now that's a dragon. That's how they look in my world."

AD
Barking Alien

2 comments:

  1. We're hoping to go see it this weekend. I'm glad it's getting such good reviews and seems to be generally well liked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it a lot as I said and I think its got game material out the wazoo just waiting to be tapped.

    ReplyDelete