Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Strange Days

It's that time again Barking Alien fans (and once again I thank the five of you for being here)!

Tomorrow I begin The RPGaDay Challenge for 2019!

This is my sixth year participating in this exercise and I am intrigued by this year's alternative approach. Check this out...






Instead of the traditional questions, RPGaDay 2019 consists of thirty-one, singular word launching points designed to serve as the impetus for a blog post, piece of artwork, YouTube video, a song, or whatever you wish related to the term in question. 

Participants are encouraged to interpret the word and its relation to gaming in any way they see fit. My intention is to read the prompt word and just go with the first thing that comes to mind. 

In the past I have been a bit critical of some of the questions, though always with a sense of humor and a real appreciation for Autocratik and the people who put the RPGaDay event together.

I have felt that sometimes the questions as worded were unclear and vague, without a sense that they should be. This is a wholly different approach. This is open-ended, not vague. That is something I can absolutely get behind. 

I am really looking forward to this year's challenge. As with every year for the past five years, the RPGaDay event gets me out of my Summer blogging slump. I could really use that.

Tune in tomorrow!

AD
Barking Alien





1 comment:

  1. That strongly reminds me of the layout for Traveler, probably because it's a hex grid.

    ReplyDelete