CHARM
For some reason I can not quite articulate, the prompts thus far have all made me think of Female characters. I read the prompt and (hopefully) a character comes to mind and that's the one I write-up. It just so happens that none of these words have made me think of characters that 'had to be' guys.
Until now that is.
Chase Varlet is, in many ways, your typical lovable Space Scoundrel; a Gambler, Pirate, Smuggler, and general galactic ne'er do well but with a heart of gold. At the very leadt gold plated.
He does have his principles you see, mostly, preferring to focus his less-than-scrupulous activities on greedy Megacorporations, the tyrannical Imperium, and on occasion, criminals far worse than himself.
He won't blast anyone who hasn't (or wouldn't have) blasted him first, never pirates from 'working class freighters captains', and will always lend a hand to another independent adventurer in need. After all, you never know when you might need to call in a favor, so its good to have a few extra favors in your pocket.
What makes this fella 'special' though? How has he lasted so long living this kind of life? Why isn't he lying in a ditch on some unnamed rock or locked away on the prison planet Catacomb? Charm baby. *Wink*.
Chase is a terrible flirt.Gidget is TERRIBLE at flirting.
Chase Varlet is one incredibly Charming individual. It's more than just good looks, a cool attitude, and a lot of confidence. No, Chase is just really good at reading people. He's a good actor. He knows what to say, who to say it to, how, and when.
Varlet's mouth and mannerisms have gotten him out of far more scraps than his starship piloting or marksmanship ever could or likely ever will to be honest. When all is said and done, Chase is a 'people person'; he knows and understands people and how they think.
Another custom Archetype; yes I know but I just can't help it. They're so easy to make and when I can't find one that fits perfectly, creating what you need is a snap. Anyway, this one started as the Lucky Hero but it didn't have the Interpersonal Skills I needed for the Charm focus I wanted to give him. In the end, instead of combining Lucky Hero with another provided Archetype, I decided to break down the numbers/points that build a character in the game and just construct an Archetype that fit my goal.

Varlet owns a customized GS GSS-2 Boomerang Class vessel, the smallest type of Jumpship currently in production. Dubbed 'The Skylark Dandy', it is a decent ship perfectly suited one person in Chase's particular line of work. The vessel is outfitted with two special modifications: Powerful Engines and Maneuvering Thrusters. A post focusing on Starships for Space Opera Heroes, which as I've mentioned in the past I'm basing on the game Space Ship Story, is definitely near the top of my list of things I HAVE to do.
Sorry I've been slow with this Challenge this week. Business is finally picking up after the Summer lull its been necessary to focus on that.
More to come very soon,
AD
Barking Alien
No comments:
Post a Comment