Thursday, January 8, 2015

Mercy Kill

I deleted my last post, and it's follow up, which is something I don't normally do.

Not every post is a winner. Usually though, I'll leave up less than stellar examples of my writing skills more often than not just as a reminder to myself that I can do better. Also, I keep them up because they may contain some small nuggets of gold amid the sediment.

The last post made perfect sense in my head, but on repeated viewings, didn't really say anything significant. Furthermore, it needed a follow-up post to fix it, and trying to make that follow-up generated a sort of creative constipation. I couldn't finish the post, and I couldn't move on until it was finished.

So I dumped it.

Hard call, but now I can move on to other things. I have a lot to say this month, it's the 8th already, and I haven't gotten a third of it out.

Moving On,

AD
Barking Alien



5 comments:

  1. What's interesting is that, on Feedly (which I use to follow all the blogs I like) your posts are still available. The "Bang it Out" post actually made a lot of sense to me. Many of the big story-arc campaigns I've done didn't grow slowly, but all came together at once, usually while I was on vacation. I've had a few sleepless nights where my brain just kept churning stuff out.

    Don't feel too bad about posts that no one seems to salute when you run them up the flagpole. This shouldn't be entirely audience-driven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that, although as I noted in the first post of the year, I do like the audience participation.

    This was more like, I have something to say, I don't feel I said it correctly, I need to write a post to make up for the previous post, the make up one isn't coming out right, this is driving me nuts.

    Easier to call a do over.

    Thanks though Rob. Appreciate the comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there, it's not as bad as you imagine. I swear.

      Delete
    2. Please don't misunderstand me Happy Whisk. I'm not seeing this as a bad thing at all. I am holding my writing up to a higher standard. I seek to improve it.

      Only positive thoughts, and approaches this year my friends. As best as I can Humanly muster. :)

      Delete