Friday, August 18, 2023

RPGADAY Challenge 2023 - Day 17

Sorry this one's late but I fell asleep writing it. LOL 



 
When it comes to Funny Games, as with many of the prompts this year, my first thought it to define 'played' as Gamemastered.

This is mainly because I tend to GM a lot more than partake in the hobby as a player. Additionally, when it comes to Comedic/Humorous RPGs, the number of GMs I've encountered running those other than myself can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Sure, I've experienced some very funny moments in serious games but if we're talking FUNNIEST here, that's going to require a whole different mindset. 

All that aside, if I am focusing on games I've run...damn...there have been A LOT of hilarious one-shots, sessions, and even whole campaigns over the years. I love genre comedy and as such it probably comes as no surprise that I've had great success with a multitude of different systems and settings. Picking one as THE FUNNIEST is really, really tough. 

Plus there is my own game, the primarily Muppets-inspired RPG 'The Googly Eyed Primetime Puppet Show'. This game grew out of my fan-made Muppets RPG, detailed on this blog in March of 2011.

I'd suggest checking out our Red Dwarf RPG campaign, 'Yellow Sun' and the Muppets RPG adventure I ran at a RECESS Game Day event titled, 'The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made'. I think these rank among the most laugh-out-loud RPG sessions I've ever run for sure.




OK, onward...

AD
Barking Alien





  

1 comment:

  1. Chicken asked me to type this for her:

    Me: "What did you want to say?"
    Chicken: "I wanted to say something?"
    Me: "Yes!"
    Chicken: ...
    Me: ...
    Chicken: ...
    Me: "Well?"
    Chicken: "Well?"
    Me: "You wanted to say..."
    Chicken: "Yes? What did I want to say?"
    Me: "Something about Yellow Sun being one of the funniest games ever?"
    Chicken: "It was a game?....Oh! Look! Pretzels!" [and she walks away]

    Yellow Sun was the funniest game I've ever played in.

    ReplyDelete