Sunday, August 28, 2016

RPGaDay Challenge 2016 - Day 23





I don't have any best 'worst luck' stories. I mean, not of my own. 

I could tell you about the occasionally hilarious bad luck some of my players have had over the years, but that doesn't really do anything for me at this moment. Not in that particular mood today. I simply can't drum up the energy to wind up the humorous pitch needed to get a strike dead center over the funny zone that is home plate.

Luck. The weird double edged sword of table top gaming.

On the one hand, gaming really isn't quite the same without the element of random chance. Some form of randomizer, dice, cards, or whathaveyou, is a key component of the mix that makes gaming so enjoyable IMHO.

At the same time, I hate it when a brilliant idea the player puts forth, is ruined by a bad roll. If the player puts real thought and depth of feeling into an action, why leave it to the arbitrary roll of a piece of plastic?

Hmmm. This entry was intended to be humorous, but has become ponderous instead.

Oh well. That sort of day.


AD
Barking Alien




No comments:

Post a Comment