Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Madness Reigns

(Adam goes spinning through the flotsam and jetsam of multiple realities and alternate cosmoses...cosmosi...more than one cosmos. As he travels, various strange and wonderous realities and concepts float by, each more amazing and disturbing then the next...)

The Storyteller with Ars Magica
Do this. Watch all the Storyteller episodes and then play Ars Magica. You'll thank me.

Labyrinth with Changeling: The Dreaming
Is it just me or is this combination just so obvious?

The Dark Crystal
So many ways you can go. Erin Palette suggested Unknown Armies. I feel I could go with a modified Faery's Tale Deluxe. Most people would just as soon D&D it but I think that's like using a hammer to screw in a nail.

In Nomine
Do doo bee-do-doo
In Nomine
Do do-do-doo
In Nomine
Do doo bee-do-doo bee-do-doo bee-do-doo bee-do-do-doodle doo doo do-do-doo*

Sam and Friends

The first prime time television series to feature the Muppets was a Washington D.C. local show called Sam and Friends that ran twice a day for five minutes each episode. While most of its characters have faded into obscurity, the program did feature the earliest version of Kermit, then a lizard like creature.

I've often considered what a remake of this show would be like or how to make a cool Muppets campaign using the look and feel of Sam and Friends. Having aired from 1955 to 1961, the idea of giving the game a film noir or 'Mad Men' quality is very intriguing. As yet the concept is largely undeveloped.

The Hoobs, Mopatop's Shop and Bear in The Big Blue House

While 'Bear' is best served using a trimmed down version of the Sesame Street rules, the Hoobs and Mopatop are a little Sesame Street and a little Fraggle Rock in some ways. I may have to think on them a bit more to get a more definitive idea.

"OK, my friend, we see you need some help. Being the enlightened higher beings that we are, we're going to do you a solid."



"Thanks..um...Cosmic Fish."


"No problem my karmic castaway. You need to focus on something or someone who will act as an anchor in the reality you wish to go to."

"An anchor huh? Hmmm...wait...I'm got it. In regards to my last set of ideas, I may have to think more on them..."


To Be Concluded...

AD
Barking Alien


*Credit for the In Nomine joke goes to Pete Hernandez, a talented artist who I used to be good friends with and who I gamed with all throughout high school. This was the first thing that came out of his mouth when I told him about In Nomine. The title of this post refers to a proposed TV series featuring Tim Curry as the exiled ruler of a small fictional national, now forced to live in America (New York City to be precise). Both Human and Muppet characters represent members of his formerly royal family.








No comments:

Post a Comment